Juggling

Sometimes I feel like I am juggling so many different things that I might have forgotten about a few of them. I go through my days juggling away, but am waiting for one or two of the forgotten “balls” to come down and hit me on the head. Did I remember to sign my kids up for holiday club? Does Tyson need immunizations this year? Did I set up an eye appointment to replace my very scratched glasses? Did I tell that child they could have a sleepover this weekend? Did I tell that person to come and collect food, applications, clothes, etc. from the distribution centre today? Did I let Ivy know they are coming or was I supposed to be there? I sent that company a thank-you letter for their donation, right? And the little boy who is waiting to go to crèche, do I have the banking details necessary to make that happen? Have I planned supper and do I even have groceries in the house to make something palatable? Were we supposed to have Nala spayed in April or May? Can we put it off til June? When does the holiday start and is anyone coming to visit? Did I tell Pastor Norman or Pastor Robert that I would be coming to their centre this week? Or did I tell both of them? Or was it supposed to be last week?

I keep lists, but sometimes I also lose lists. I keep lists, but some of those lists never make it from my head to a piece of paper. Sometimes I think I have taken care of something on my list and realize it was only a dream. There are things I need to do, things I have to do, things I want to do. There are lists for my family, the Build Hope families, the centres, my role as communications manager, the house, and then lists of thoughts and ideas that sound great, but the time man. Where do you find the time?


I feel like I am managing, my juggling skills seem to be sufficient for now. I know His mercies are new every morning and I am confident that God has been keeping a lot of those balls from crashing down through His grace. I am guessing I am not the only one in this predicament. Mothers of littles, working mamas, people at home and abroad; we all have lists to complete and things we juggle. It is just the way of life. Sometimes we take on too much and things do start to come apart at the seams. Our whole life starts to feel like a circus act. It is a definite balancing act, this life we are all in. Don’t miss out on the good stuff because you are afraid of not having enough time for the rest, but don’t miss out on the best stuff out of some misguided belief that it all depends on you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Community

Family Fun Friday

Sax-y and I know it