Sunday

It is Sunday afternoon and I am sitting here, feeling like I am bathing in sweat. Gross, I know, but a pretty accurate description. Jori is swimming with some of the older kids and Tyson and Darin are just heading out to pick up some donations and drop Fetsi off at school. The power is out (again) and I am only able to use our computer thanks to the Peppermint Energy 42, a solar powered generator. Hooray for technology.

This is an energy sapping heat, folks. It makes babies inconsolable and turns the rest of us into crabbier, tired, more ill-tempered versions of ourselves. It makes eating somewhat unpleasant and feeding Amo almost impossible. When we see the rain clouds approach, we are thankful not only for the potential of precipitation, but for the cooler temperature and a breeze that we can consider “cooling”.

The heat makes my brain a bit fuzzy as well, so while I had big plans to write something more, I seriously can’t. My brain is too hot. I know, it is much hotter in other places of the world, so I do not need to be reminded of that, I just wanted to air my complaints and give an excuse for not writing more on this here blog.

I am very excited to say that in less than 3 weeks my parents will be arriving in South Africa! I am hoping some of the heat will have dissipated by then and while I wish the load shedding (look it up, it’s loads of fun!) would be over by then, in all probability it will probably get worse before it gets better. We’ll be all squishing in together as we have an auntie and uncle in the guest cottage currently, but the more the merrier. I am looking forward to coffee with my mama and seeing my kids swim with their Papa.

Until then, we have parent teacher conferences, some clinic visits, a few Take Action meetings and a few other odds and ends that are on the calendar. If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out the #tendollartribe and think about joining. It is something we are a part of and it is exciting to see the giving circle grow to support these local leaders and communities!

A blessed Sunday to you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Community

Family Fun Friday

More thoughts on motivation