Better Late Than Never

I know, I know. I said I was going to write more often; faithfully, at least once a week. Obviously that hasn’t happened!

Instead of trying to do a major catch up, I’ll just write a bit now and the rest some other time, hopefully during our holiday! Yes, we are going away for a few days with my parents. We are looking forward to seeing a new place and just spending some time together without all the distractions, cute and precious though they are, here at Tshepo ya Bana. We had planned to go to Botswana, but instead are heading to Rustenburg. It is a lot closer, and when squeezing 6 people into a 5 person car, travel time is important!
Yes, my parents are here. I don’t even know if I’ve written since they’ve arrived. That is just sad. They have been here since the end of February and we are having a wonderful time. My dad taught three courses in Johannesburg and Pretoria, but that has all wrapped up now. My mom has been such a great help to me, doing homework with the kids, making supper, entertaining extra kids when needed. I am so thankful for them both and am blessed that they have made the effort to come and spend time with us each year. Tyson and Jori love having their Papa and Gram visit. Tyson has a new bug collection, mounted with pins and everything, and Jori has a “new” bedroom, thanks to her Papa and Gram. I’ll have to get pics up soon.

We have been so busy here the last few weeks. It seems like busy-ness comes in waves. Darin was running back and forth to Pretoria and Johannesburg for meetings about Sawyer filters and Peppermint solar energy products almost daily for 2 weeks. He is also getting more involved with the James 1:27 Trust, an organization that we have teamed up with through Take Action Ministries (find them on Facebook!). We are thankful for all of the opportunities he has had, but wish they would spread themselves out a bit more. I have been busy going to court for old and new cases, the hospital to get a new baby and a couple other trips there for Amo, meeting with social workers and talking on the phone, a lot. Again, I am thankful for the busy-ness as it means progress is being made and cases are moving forward, but things all seem to happen at the same time and I get tired and take out my stress on my own family.

Speaking of my own family, we are doing well for the most part. We have recently had Tyson evaluated and it appears that he has ADHD and some anxiety. This is something I’ll write more about at some time, but we sure covet your prayers for our boy and for our family as we try to figure out how to best help Tyson with a few different things. Jori is doing well. She is great friends with one of the sisters who stay with us here. I love seeing their friendship blossom, but also worry at times as I know this little girl won’t be at Tshepo ya Bana forever. We trust that God will give us the grace for these situations and many more.


Ok, that’s my short update. As always, I have so many things to write about, but finding the time to sit down and write just doesn’t always happen! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Community

Family Fun Friday

More thoughts on motivation